Friday 27 February 2009

Bucket List

This post is inspired by my sister, who recently sent round her bucket list to her close friends. She asked each of us to make our own list and circulate it. This is mine.


1. Spend 3 weeks in Thailand
2. Take a helicopter ride
3. Own a bookshop
4. Have two babies, and instil in them a love of life and a freedom of being so that they look back on their childhoods with no regrets
5. Run a small shelter for abandoned dogs in my backyard
6. Sky-dive
7. Get promoted to Marketing or Events Assistant, and get more money with it
8. Star in a nude calendar for my man
9. Spend a day in Los Angeles, followed by a day in Calcutta
10. Stop worrying about money
11. Take more time to reflect, pray and be thankful for everything I have
12. Backpack through South America
13. Get married outdoors in a simple ceremony, with just my closest friends and family present; before I’m 32 (have had to move my previous limit of 30!)
14. Join a Flash Mob
15. Learn fire dancing
16. Buy Starbucks every single morning without thinking about the credit crunch!
17. Own a 2 roomed house with a garden in the southern suburbs of Cape Town
18. Watch more sunrises
19. Stop reading so many tabloids
20. Read more newspapers
21. Learn how to salsa
22. Study something - what I have no idea, but for interest sake rather than necessity
23. Take a road trip without having a destination or route in mind
24. Laugh with abandon more frequently
25. Learn to speak Spanish
26. Give something back
27. Take one moment each day to appreciate how lucky I am to have fallen in love with the right guy
28. Give more compliments
29. Jet-ski, parasail and paraglide – preferably all in one holiday!
30. Bungi-jump off Bloukrans bridge
31. Drive a Ferrari, even if it’s just around the block
32. Go river rafting down the Zambezi
33. Define true happiness for myself
34. Write a book
35. Face my biggest fear, and beat it into submission
36. Stand on top of a mountain and shout out how I feel for all the world to hear
37. Cycle the Argus Tour with my dad again
38. Learn to play one song perfectly on the guitar
39. Master the art of sitting still
40. Go camping more often, and when I have kids, take them too
41. Coach young gymnasts
42. Take an incredible photograph and have it framed for my lounge wall
43. Never treat another person as if they are just a number
44. Swim with dolphins
45. Have 4 dogs: a pug, a staffie, a bull mastiff and a greyhound
46. Do some volunteer work
47. Eat 5 donuts, one after the other, and see what happens
48. Vote in every single election until the day I die, no matter where I am in the world
49. Go on a mammoth, no holds barred shopping spree with my boyfriend’s blessing!!
50. Cook from one new recipe every week

5 comments:

po said...

Wow.

Just wow.

Coaching gymnasts sounds fun, do you have a qualification. I got a basic qualification in SA but I have no idea what it is like in the UK.

I love your list. I may do one, but I definitely don't have the guts to do it on my blog.

Lopz said...

I don't no, I just did the sport throughout my childhood and have always been in love with it. I'd like to help out in a gym with a qualified coach, just on a volunteer basis. But with Health and Safety the way it is in the UK, I'd never get away with it here!

Aah come on - do a special, public-proof bucket list if you have to, where you keep a few really personal things to yourself. I nearly didn't post the bit about the nude calendar - my dad reads this blog - but I thought WTF, why not? I make no apologies for who I am. I dare you!

The Divine Miss M said...

Chickpea I love your list. I might have to do one of my own.

I can't believe that you passed up the Flashmob tonight! We could have rocked that joint ;)

AngelConradie said...

thats some list... wow!

Lopz said...

@ Miss M - do one! I thought of tagging people to do it, but I'm not much of a meme person and I never do other people's tags. I think its better if you do it because you feel inspired.

@ Angel - thank you, it felt really good to put it out there!