Tuesday 14 July 2009

Fuck A Doodle Doo

Pardon my french, I usually try to keep at least the titles of my blog clean. But in this case it is completely justified.

Shoes has just been sent home from work because he woke up with a sore throat this morning, and 2 people in his office have swine flu. It would be kind of amusing - you only die from this if you are very young, very old or have other health problems which complicate matters, but he is young and strong and I have no doubt that he is in no danger of pegging anytime soon. In the meantime, the temptation to toss all pig-related puns his way would be hard to resist.

However, if he phones NHS - which he is duty-bound to do - and he gets diagnosed, then the chances that he can fly to Croatia on Saturday are minimal to none.

So last year - Mallorca - shigella virus.

This year - Croatia - swine flu?

Ok, don't panic. Maybe it's nothing. But I swear to God, if this really is swine flu, I think I will actually lose it. I am seeing the one thing, this holiday in the sun, that is keeping me sane, going up in smoke. Not to mention the the non-refundable £1200 we've already spent on this trip.

Do you think if I keep chanting a mantra of good health over and over again, this will all go away?

2 comments:

po said...

OMG bad timing! It sounds like the wine flu thing really is an epidemic now, I just hope Shoes is fine!

AngelConradie said...

I always manage to get sick on weekends or when I'm on holiday. Why I can't get sick during normal work hours Christmas only knows!