Friday 28 September 2007

Harajuku Girls

Last night Shoes and I decided to go grocery shopping, since the weekend where we supposed to do nothing has somehow turned into a weekend where we're doing a whole bunch of things, and there's no time left for the basics. Sainsburys was really empty. Looking at the fresh produce, I now know why no-one shops on Thursdays. I could scarcely believe the state of some of the things on the shelves. The lettuces were labeled "display until Saturday" but two days before the axe is due to fall on their sorry lives, they look as if they've been ravaged by leprosy; great holes where crisp, dewy leaves are supposed to be and poo-brown edges instead of white.

Then it was off home to change and go to gym. Shoes is on a mission now, after slacking over the holiday periods, and I am sticking to his side like glue, as it's far easier to go with someone than to try and motivate myself on my own. Sometimes - many times - that task is simply too big for me. We got home from shopping at 7:15pm and were at gym by 7:30pm, which meant we were going to eat supper really late. We'd decided on pizza mid-shop as it's the quickest thing to make. The thing is, eating pizza at 9pm was probably not the best way to keep off those kilos that we'd just worked so hard at burning.

On my lunch break today I went to another coven and met the director, Mr Congeniality. Really nice guy. So helpful and sweet, his good intentions were tripping over themselves on their way to wrap me in their warm coat of security. Why do I always get my hopes up with these people? I can't help it. They seem like your best friends when you first meet them, like they'll move heaven and earth to get you your dream job. Had to shake my head violently on my way out to clear it of all hopes and dreams. Luckily it was raining, so passers-by may just have thought I'd got water in my ears.

There's an hour and a half of the day left, and then Scarf and I are off to go see Gwen Stefani at Wembley Arena. We are both acting like excited teenagers about this. Gwen is possibly the funkiest female artist to walk the planet (Scarf is huge on funkiness), and her songs are extremely catchy, annoyingly so if you don't like her. I even hear Shoes singing "There ain't no Hollaback Guuurrrrrrrl" when he thinks no-one is listening. It should be a great night out.

No comments: