Friday 2 November 2007

Hotel Buckinghamshire!

Still waiting to hear about the job.... they are really taking their time in making a decision. A Witch from a different Coven phoned me yesterday though, with a similar role for the same TV Network, but in a different department. This will hopefully increase my chances of getting in there, fingers crossed. Either way, it's nice that there's a bit of activity going on in my job search.
Last night I joined the rest of my team at the pub to raise our glasses in farewell to one of our most flamboyant members. That was the 3rd night in a row that I've been out this week, and after my shenanigans on Wednesday, I couldn't face either a late night or alcohol, and left at 7:30pm after just one diet coke. I must be getting old.

Shoes and I just chilled in front of the pc for the rest of the evening, buying mobile phone covers on Ebay and watching 24. I feel like I need another whole week of that... well, maybe not the Ebay part, I've been going a bit mad on it lately and I have about 7 items of clothing coming in the post. Of course, I'm having them all sent to my work address and I've customised My Ebay so my sins are all well hidden. Knowing my luck, my boyfriend, who up til now has always been completely uninterested in blogging, will choose today to start reading mine. If I don't post on Monday you know I've been locked in a closet and he's thrown away the key.

This weekend we are off to Shoes' Company Weekend Away. I am rather exaggeratedly excited about this. The 20-25 odd employees and their partners (and kids, I believe) are all driving up to The Crown Plaza in Buckinghamshire tomorrow morning for a day and night in this luxury hotel. Part of my ribald enthusiasm stems from the fact that this will be the fanciest hotel I have ever stayed at, and I have these visions of lolling around on the bed in a terrycloth robe ordering room service, a la Julia Roberts in Pretty Women (except without the pre-requisite pimping out of my body). I can see myself taking long leisurely laps in the hotel pool followed by a sauna session and a facial while Shoes and his team spend the afternoon building rafts or some other inane team bonding exercise.

Either that, or I will join the other wives and girlfriends in the hotel lounge and drink cocktails whilst admiring their babies. This part I think might actually happen, as I know for a fact that at least two wives will have their little tykes in attendence, and both just happen to be Chinese. If there's one type of baby I adore above all others, it's the little Chinese ones, with their perfect peachy skin, jet black hair and slanty eyes. They make me want to grab them and squeeze them really hard - not in a you're-a-child-abuser-and-you-should-be-locked-up kind of way, but just because I can't think of any other way to express my appreciation at how squidgy they are. I will probably keep this all to myself though; no sense in alienating these women right off the bat. Also, I'd prefer not to be seen as some kind of Asian people stalker.

We're picking up our car from London city Airport tonight - it feels like we're going on holiday!

No comments: