Wednesday 9 April 2008

My Six-Word Memoir

I’ve been tagged by Fashionista PDX to do a Six-Word Memoir.

Quoted from Smith Magazine: "Six-Word Memoirs: The Legend

Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”). "

"Feet stayed grounded, heart soared high."

Here are the rules:

1) Write your own six word story.

2) Post it on your blog [and include a visual illustration if you'd like].

3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post [me!], and to the original post if possible [so we can track it as it travels].

4) Tag at least five others with links.

5) Don't forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

6) Have fun!

I tag: Phillygirl, KaB, Blondie, Sweets and Angel.

8 comments:

AngelConradie said...

wow... thats some tagging!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Awesome!! Hard, but awesome!!

Miss Caught Up said...

Wow! I like your meme! That's a very empowering story :)

Sweets said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm this looks so easy but i guess it's not eh... thanks for the tag ;)

KaB said...

Haiwenna...I'm done!

Dig yours...profound man *said in stoned Capetonian accent*

Lopz said...

@angel - I don't ask for much!

@Blondie - nice to have a challenging one for a change.

@PDX - thanks dude, I like to think it's true most of the time ;-)

@sweets - my pleasure - it's deceptively simple, but definitely not easy.

@KaB - I should have said "feet stayed grounded, HEAD soared high!"

AngelConradie said...

done...

Sweets said...

mine done too, i did mine last week thursday already ;)