Monday 22 December 2008

Merry Xmas To All, And To All A Goodnight!

Ohhhhh, I'm broken and in desperate need of a detox, both financial and physical. December is like heroin - it's addictive and it damages your body but it's so good you just can't get enough of it. Office parties, pub lunches, massive price cuts in the Christmas sales....they all kill your health and bank balance, while inducing the kind of high usually reserved for a turn on the Cobra (rollercoaster at Ratanga Junction in CT).

I am shopped out, drunk out, grazed out and out of money. And there are still 10 days left of the month.

Plus, just to ice the cake of downward spiral, due to a cock up by HR I didn't get paid this month. I am hoping (read: threatening at gunpoint) that they can fix this before I go on holiday on Wednesday.

We're off to Broadstairs, a tiny seaside resort on the East coast of Kent near Canterbury. Yes, of the Canterbury Tales. It's one of the places in England I've always wanted to visit, and I'm excited to finally see the home of the father of the English language (English Lit was always my favourite subject: why learn about atoms and trigonometry when you could read books?).

Shoes and I will be staying in a 5 roomed cottage along with Eyes, Scarf, OJ, Penguin, Barbie and Barbie's boyfriend, The Beef. Amidst the inevitable eating and drinking, we're going to spend a day exploring Canterbury and take long walks along the white cliffs of Dover in wellies and thermal underwear. We might even borrow an Olde English Sheepdog from a local farmer - we want to be as authentic as possible.

I'll be signing off for now then, and bringing you more of the random in 2009. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you - be safe and have fun!

5 comments:

po said...

Enjoy! I used to live in that part of the world and Canterbury is awesome. I did spend a short time in Broadstairs too.

Merry merry xmas

MidniteGem said...

Hey Lopz - hope you have a great christmas and new years and get some all important relaxing in. Enjoy! till next year..

Unknown said...

Have an awesome Festive Season and recharge your batteries!

Lopz said...

@Po - no way, it's quite something to find someone who lived out there! Most people are like, where???? Can't wait, I'll let you know what I think.

@Gem - you too babe, and we must definitely meet up for catch up drinks in the new year.

@Kitty - and you hun, and I hope yours in one of peace and fulfillment, at least within yourself. x

Steffi said...

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Steffi :))