Friday 23 January 2009

Baby I Got Your Number

Ok, this is too much. I am having one of those truly annoying days where one person has my self-control by the throat and is poking it with a knife in an effort to get a reaction. Either that, or he is a certifiable idiot and does not fully realise the level of oafishness he is currently currently batting at.

How many times do you think is reasonable to ask one person for a phone number?

10am

Lopz: T-Mac, can I please have the number for (client)?
TMac: Sure, I just need to wait for my machine to boot up. It's really slow this morning.
Lopz: Ok.

10:15am

Lopz: T-Mac, that number please?
TMac: Man, my pc is slow. It's nearly there, I'll get it for you in a minute.

10:37am

Lopz: T-Mac, Big Boss needs that number this morning, could you please send it to me? I need it now.
TMac: Erm, yes yes, coming.... I just..... (picks up phone to make yet ANOTHER "very important" call)

I like TMac. I do. He's 39, married with 2 kids, a regular guy with a loud, slightly brash personality who enjoys being the centre of attention and is always the first one down the pub. He has a fairly high opinion of himself, but he makes it work and is usually very entertaining. He is not, however, to be relied upon even for the simplest tasks. Clearly.

It is now 11:03am and he has just left his desk, still without getting the number to me.

11:04am

Have gone across and found the number myself in his e-mails. It took me 10 seconds. Seriously. Please let my day improve.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no, I honestly cannot believe how slow or inefficient that guy is. I would have screamed.

po said...

Dude. Cunning strategy of data retrieval :)

AngelConradie said...

ggrrrrrrrr... i work with a dude like that!