Friday 9 January 2009

Dear Boots Part II

So a couple of weeks ago, I wrote this letter to Boots, complaining about their appalling lack of online customer service (it's not as boring as it sounds. I always think if I was a customer services person, I would appreciate humorous letters, as they would be bright spots in an otherwise very drab day filled with other people's ire). I wanted a refund for an order placed in error, and stated in my letter that I did not expect any freebies, but would be delighted to receive them should Boots feel compelled to do so.

This reply came for me the other day in the post:

Dear Lopz

Thank you for contacting us about the difficulties you have experienced with our online ordering facility. I am sorry to hear about this and appreciate you letting me know this.

Blah blah blah.....*the letter bangs on about what exactly happened to me, in case I'd mysteriously forgotten*

I have spoken to our technical team regarding this (their inability to cancel an order placed online), and they have assured me they are looking into introducing this facility in the future, to ensure this does not happen again.

I have also spoken to the manager at our Kingsway store, and he has passed on his sincere apologies for this issue and has advised that if you wish to discuss the further matter with him, he would be pleased for you to do so. *What, over a glass of wine at his local? I thought he was a bit over eager last time I was in there*

Having investigated this further for you, I am happy to inform you that I have been able to issue a refund of £42.92 for your order. *Cause for great celebration, as Kingsway manager had already refunded me in store*

In view of the disappointment that has been caused, I have also enclosed a gift card, which I hope you will accept with my best wishes (Giftcard value £15). I do hope that you are able to purchase a nice gift for yourself on my behalf this Christmas. *Is it my imagination, or is there a hint of sarcasm there?*

Your sincerely

Boots

So, to recap, I received the following products from Boots:

1 x FCUK overnight bag filled with FCUK products
1 x Soap & Glory Travel Toiletries Case filled with S&G minis
1 x Boots No 7 Cosmetics Case filled with No 7 Cosmetics

For a grand total of NOTHING.

Plus a £15 voucher for my troubles.

That's it, I am going to start complaining about every single thing that goes wrong - and sometimes even those that don't. Stale crisps? I want free super-size bags for a month. Cold Starbucks? I want a Starbucks card pre-loaded with £20. Had a bad night's sleep? I want M&S vouchers for upgraded bedding, a new mattress, a year's supply of free heating in my room and a hot water bottle for my feet. Or is that going too far?

I am an ACTIVIST. I have a CAUSE. Me. Check how I roll.

3 comments:

Louisa said...

Fantastic! Well done...if I were you I'd complain more often too.

Unknown said...

awesome! :)

AngelConradie said...

good for you!
i am very quick to complain- having worked in an industry that out the customer first no matter what, i learned what i am entitled to when i am paying for goods and/ or services.