Thursday 20 December 2007

Finally (It's Happening To Me)!

I have fantastic news this morning, guys - I got a new a job! In my rather sorry state yesterday, I went for a second round interview with a company that I really really wanted to work for.... this is the job I wanted the most out of all the ones I've gone for. I met the Director of the Commercial Team, who I'd be working under, and everything went really well. I spoke to my agency afterwards and let them know I was keen, and they phoned back an hour later and told me they wanted to offer me the job! Apparently I've found the secret to giving great interviews - get pissed the night before (only kidding Mom, I promise)! So I'm waiting for the finalised offer to come through today, such as salary and benefits and things, but I basically know what's going to be in the contract, so I will just have to formally accept.

In keeping with my no names policy, I won't say which company it is, but it's working in radio, and the team I will be in is responsible for the marketing, sponsorship and events for all the radio stations on the company's portfolio. There are two perks I am most excited about: Number one - I will finally fulfil my ambition of seeing a bonafide celebrity, as in not someone from EastEnders or Hollyoaks, but a Hollywood Celebrity. The building I will be working in houses 5 radio stations, and A-List Celebs are constantly coming in to do promotions and interviews. Yesterday Will Smith was due to arrive half an hour after my interview to do promos for I Am Legend. Ok, closing my mouth and stopping the drooling right about now. The second thing is the free concerts. Apparently staff get complimentary tickets for every event under the sun in London, including all the huge outdoor London music festivals in the summer. So I plan on whiling away my time next year at Party in the Park, Get Loaded in the Park and the SW4, to name but a few.

It's pretty much perfection wrapped up in a package and placed under my Christmas tree. So I'm very very excited, and have just started telling my team. Understandably, there's a tinge of sadness accompanying my ecstasy, as despite my desperation to move on over the last 4 months, I adore my team here and will miss them a lot. They're all happy for me of course, but also moaning about how miserable I'm making them now that I'm leaving, which makes me feel good and bad at the same time! As I said, I'm waiting for all the details, but I think they will want me to start first week in January.

I'm cutting this post short now cos I have to e-mail everyone I know and tell them the impossible has happened - Lopz has actually been offered a permanent job in something she really wants. I know they all had faith in me, but I bet there will still be a level of "I don't believe it, she finally did it!" I know I'm still pinching myself to check that it's real. ;-)

6 comments:

Vimbai said...

Congrats on the new job, nothing like new beginnings for the new year (wow, that was corny).

PS Great blog!

Lopz said...

Thanks Vimbai, on both counts! No worries hey, t'is the season to be cheesy ;-)

phillygirl said...

Yay & Congrats :) It was bound to happen eventually - law of averages and all!

SheBee said...

I agree - you deserve it!

Well done!

Sweets said...

what??????????????!!!!!!!!!! that's great!!!! congrats!!!!

Lopz said...

Thanks everyone... only 2 more days in this job!