Wednesday 19 March 2008

Let Me Entertain You

I've recently signed up for a number of Google Alerts, which are key news items that are mailed to your inbox on an as-it-happens, daily or weekly basis, based on the subjects or terms you enter into the search criteria. I decided to use the tool to keep up to date with the media's coverage of my company, as it's a great way to learn what is going on and also what the public perception of your workplace is.

What I didn't think of until a few days ago is that I can pretty much get alerts on any topic I want, and one of the topics I am most interested in and passionate about is gymnastics. It has been my favourite sport ever since I can remember, and even though the last time I actually did any gym was 14 years ago, I follow it possibly even more closely today than I did then. To my delight, I now come into work in the mornings and my inbox is full of the latest news headlines on all gymnastics-related events. Some are crap - news about local competitions in Pofaddersfontein - and others are fabulous, like the coverage on who to watch leading up to Olympics later this year. You can bet I am going to be off sick for a good few days to watch that competition.

Anyway, thank you Google, for giving me yet another way to distract me from what I should be doing. Since I have all these new gym blogs to read, I'm going to cut this post short and leave you with some motivational thoughts for the day instead. ;-)

8 comments:

Miss Caught Up said...

I love watching gymnastics too! The Voyeurism poster cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh :)

KaB said...

The 'Cybersex' one...no man...that's just gross! Sies...I wonder if it was my dude?!? *ponders*

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

KaB said...

I think Camera digital is the 'Cybersex man' out to get you! Watch your back sweet cheeks!

Sweets said...

LOL......... noooooooooooooooo! cybersex noooooooooooooooo!!!! oh my word i haven't laughed like that in ages... good one!!

Lopz said...

Glad you enjoyed them peeps, will post some more later today. I think I have about 40 of them ;-)

@Camera - thanks for dropping by dude, and if you want to link me, then for me eez nice! I hope you understand if I don't return the favour, but I checked your blog out and I don't understand a word. Sure it's great tho ;-)

Lopz said...

@KaB - it's karma, I shouldn't have posted a picture of a fat kid :-P

The Divine Miss M said...

Classic. You crack me up lopz :)