Thursday 6 March 2008

What A Girl Wants

Scarf has just introduced me to a new online shopping website that has the most magnificent clothes for next to nothing. I am sitting here desperately trying to convince my Bad Self that she can't buy anything, because then my Good Self would have to admit to Shoes that I ignored his declared shopping embargo and it would all end in tears. But my Bad Self keeps telling me how awesome I'd look in that leather effect chocolate Ophira jacket, and it's not like £15 is going to make any difference to our financial troubles. It's just so hard not to agree with her!

I mean really, what's £15 in relation to the bigger picture? When movie stars get paid $20 million, when third world debt could wipe out the earth were it an asteroid.... how insignificant is £15 in comparison? It seems stupid to obsess over such a little bit of money. I should just buy it and be done with the rationalising.

I've opened my wallet and taken out my card. I'm hoping it will speak to me through a sign of some sort. Maybe if I flip it and it falls face up, I can buy the jacket. 1, 2, 3, flip! Face down. Ok, best of three. No, wait. That's not a sign, that's my evil Bad Self taking control. I need this to be a natural step, like dark after sunset. I need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is out of my control, and I could no more help it than an ostrich can help burying his head in the sand.

Can I e-mail people with the link and tell them I want it for my birthday? Even if I'm actually not going to see them on my birthday... or at all in the next few months, perhaps years?

I think I'll buy it and hide it. Then I'll debut it when I've convinced Shoes to let me have it. It could take a few months, but I'll always get that delicious thrill of excitement when I think about it, knowing that it's in my cupboard and will be ready whenever he is.

I can see my father shaking his head at me in my mind's eye. I can also see disappointment reflected in Shoes' eyes. Dammit, why do I have to care what they think? Why don't they understand? What's wrong with men, why do they want to stifle my attempts at living a fulfilling life? Shopping IS leading a fulfilling life!

Fine. You win guys. But don't think I like you right now. In fact, I wish I'd never thought of you. Beware, Bad Self hasn't give up yet. She may stil prevail. Harrrumph.

19 comments:

Sweets said...

LOL!! buy the jacket woman, tell shoes its scarf’s fault ;) come on its only fifteen smackeroos!! OR tell scarf she has to buy it and you'll lay-buy it for the next year... mwhahahahahahaha

Sweets said...

what is that web address????

The Divine Miss M said...

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!

Muahahhahahhahahaa

Lopz said...

Here you are ladies:

http://www.boohoo.com/amfcart/index.php?

You're both incarnations of my Bad Self. If I buy it, will one of you deal with Shoes for me?

The Divine Miss M said...

I will!

I'll let go of the rope on Saturday ;)

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Why oh why do we do this to ourselves?? We come up with a 101 reasons to buy it and 102 not to.
Argh!

I say BUY IT...it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Buy it as a birthday prezzie for yourself :-) YAY!

The Blonde Blogshell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Blonde Blogshell said...

OH. MY. GOD!!

I. LOVE. YOU!!! THANK YOU FOR THE WEBSITE...I'M IN MY ELEMENT!!

SHITTY PART IS CONVERTING FROM POUNDS TO RANDS BUT THE CLOTHES ARE FAB!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THEY ONLY DELIVER TO THE UK/EUROPE! HOW SHITTY IS THAT? :-(

Sweets said...

i think i'm going to cry, why don't we have stuff like this here, online i mean??? *sigh*

Lopz said...

@Miss M - wait a second, why don't you just buy it for me? What a great plan. If you want to be my friend, it will cost you an Ophira jacket. I expect it upfront tomorrow. Don't ever say I'm not enterprising ;-)


@Blondie - aaah hun, I feel so bad now. What about if I be your delivery address in the UK and forward it on?

@Sweets - it's the one thing that might keep me in London longer than I intended. I will be sick with sorrow when I have to leave this shopping paradise behind one day.

KaB said...

Lady...you earned the geld...so go buy yourself the darn el chipo jacket...it's cheap...a bargain...buy the darn thing! If you don't, your shopping craving will spread elsewhere & get out of control & you'll end up spending more than fifteen pounds!

Honestly, the guy should not have a say in your want to buy an item of clothing! Otherwise, justify the purchase by not eating some goodies & you'll starve yourself in the process...only to look hotter in the newbie jacket!

Your bad self does sound kind of scary though...I like it!

Lopz said...

Aaaah, if only it were that simple ;-) You see, he has very good reason to tell me I can't go shopping. I have an unfortunate history of being a bit of a shopoholic. I know all the tried and tested methods of deceit: getting stuff sent to my work address so he doesn't know about it, pretending a new top is actually for my sister's birthday only to keep 'forgetting' to send it to her... the list is endless.

Ordinarily, I would agree that a man should not dictate your shopping habits, but I do feel compelled to defend him here. We are in debt - not just a couple of hundred pounds, but some pretty serious debt. Not from my shopping, but that certainly hasn't helped. So I made him a promise I wouldn't go on any spending sprees at all until we've got it sorted out - got to be an adult sometimes right? *sigh*

I need to get on reality tv so I can be famous and get paid for it.

Lopz said...

Oh yes, and thanks for the link KAB! Favour returned :-)

The Divine Miss M said...

Lopz I think you're starting to take advantage here.

I think you should be buying ME things to get to be the friend of The Divine Miss M ;)

Plus you know, I shagged Andreas. I need something to make me feel better.

KaB said...

Who is Andreas...my ears are perked all of a sudden?!?

As for the guy & debt...sorry to hear that & yes, we do have to play the adult card sometimes...hoofuckingray! Whatevs...for your sake...I hope you get over your little bump sooner rather than later! Fashion doesn't wait sweet cheeks!

Lopz said...

@Miss M - Pahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... ok, sorry... *wipes tears of laughter from her eyes* You shagged Andreas! Honey, you should SO be paying me to be your friend!

@kab - Andreas is this guy from our school days. He lived round the corner from me most of my life, and was in my year at school. I only ever kissed him, but Miss M, well, let's just say she made a drastic error of judgement, and now she will never live it down.

And you are so right, fashion doesn't wait. Think I'm going to buy it on payday :-)

The Divine Miss M said...

*hides* It was an error of judgement for almost 3 years. I have accepted my mistakes and I can only pray for forgiveness from you.

*shivers* Blerg, I can't believe I did that!

@kab - You don't EVER want to meet him ;)

Lopz said...

Actually Kab, maybe you do! Miss M, don't be so narrow-minded.... maybe Kab likes guys with enormous egos who think they own the world. Come on now, not everyone is like you ;-)