Monday 15 October 2007

It's My Party And I Will If I Want To

I am sooo tired this morning, and usually I would take that as the mark of a great weekend, but I'm afraid it might be because I'm getting sick instead.

It was, however, a good weekend. Saturday night was by far the highlight, when the boys went clubbing and Scarf and I arranged a chicks' night in at home. Mello, Mandz, La Poo and the ArtyOne descended on our front doorstep bearing truckloads of booze, and the minute the rugby was over and the guys left, we cranked up Gwen Stefani full blast and proceeded to have a night of drinking, dancing and enough screeching to send any lurking testosterone fleeing the building in terror. We spent most of the night flinging ourselves around the lounge in a euphoric state, and whenever anyone stopped for a breather or attemped to have a moment's coversation, they were dragged relentlessly back to the 'dancefloor' (our now stained and dirty lounge carpet) and made to whirl and jump around like they were possessed. As a result, I now have to get together with each girl separately at a later stage to actually catch up on what's going on in their lives.

We absolutely trashed the house. It was obviously going to get dirty, what with the drinks and snacks being ferried from one room to the next as we raided our cupboards to try on clothes and accompanied one another to the bathroom. However, it is Scarf who gets the prize for Caner of the Night as she was responsible for the start of the popcorn fight that was the end of any semblance of order in the lounge. My defining memory of the party is crawling around on my hands and knees at 3am, frantically trying to vacumm up popcorn kernels that kept getting stuck in the pipe, while Scarf just kept on throwing them as fast as I sucked them up. Good times! I maintained my dignity in keeping with my new Drinking with Moderation and Class programme.... ok, maybe dancing like an epileptic chicken and shrieking along to pop songs is not the epitomy of class, but I didn't throw my name away either.

Yesterday we spent much of the morning cleaning the house and absorbing barbed comments from the guys - just wait until they have a booze 'n braai next, we will be merciless! I was hangover free and wide awake at 9am, which is partially repsonsible for my fatigue today.

I am going for my second interview at Fabric this evening, but unfortunately the only slot they have left is 6pm. So I'm going to get home really late and can't go to gym.... and it just occurred to me that if I'm already moaning about this now, how much more would I moan if I get the job and I have to finish at 7pm? I'm hoping that the money issue is going to decide for me, because if they're prepared to pay me what I want and then offer me the job, I know I'm going to be quite torn.

Must give a quick mention here to the Boks for their drive and spirit. We are very much looking forward to them taking their deserved place as Champions on Sunday. Viva South Africa!

1 comment:

The Divine Miss M said...

Sounds like a fantastic party! Invite me next time ;)