Tuesday 2 October 2007

Jailhouse Rock

I have a job interview! I know I'm not supposed to get overly excited about this, given my atrocious track record with job hunting (unhelpful covens, cvs put forward but no interviews, then finally an interview which I thought went great but they gave me an almost instant no), but once again I can't help it. I suppose when you apply for so many jobs and never hear back from 90% of them, when someone finally shows interest you can't help but be the dog wagging it's tail joyfully at the sprinkling of crumbs from the table.

The position is for PA to the joint MDs of a TV production company, and the interview is tomorrow afternoon. That's all I'll say for now; heaven help me if I've jinxed it already just by mentioning it, but since I'm not superstitious I'll take my chances. And I'll wag my tail in delight until the outcome, when my luck will either change or prove yet again that I am obviously a test case: how long can one person stay motivated and retain her self respect whilst getting knocked back over and over again for no apparently good reason. To be continued.....

Last night we watched the second episode of Prison Break Season 2. The plotlines are as nailbiting as ever, if no longer quite so unique. We were trying to imagine what the writers will come up with for Season 4: "After breaking out of Sona, Scofield goes on the run while attempting to clear his name and expose the sinister group behind his incarceration; during which he is betrayed by one of his Fox Rover cronies and gets banged up in Thailand's notorious Bangkwang prison from which he is forced to escape on pain of losing family member/loved one/former prisonmate."

Good, exciting stuff - the first time, anyway, and quite possibly even the second, to a lesser degree. But really, they have to know that unless they change the name of the show to Serial Prison Breaker, they aren't too many hours of fun left for Scofield and friends. Perhaps they should have a spin-off show, the classic move when writers have run out ideas for their main ensemble cast (think Joey from Friends and Private Practice from Grey's Anatomy). We could have a brand series called Linc the Sink, in which Lincoln Burrows attempts to cast off his former criminal self and learns to button his shirt using all the buttons, instead of just the middle one. Or perhaps Sarah In Chains, where Sarah Tankrety flees her current captives and opens a clinic for drug addicts who have served their time in jail. The possibilities are endless.

No comments: