Friday 26 October 2007

Let's List Again

Having a minor lack of motivation for blogging at the moment... perhaps because I have nothing of major interest to say? Life is perfectly ordinary, but there isn't anything in particular that I feel like sharing with anyone, nor is there any great event on my mind that deserves to be written about.

I'd call this writer's block, but it is clear from previous posts that I am more than capable of rambling on about jack shit when I have nothing of substance to say. I am merely trying to avoid that here.

Instead, I will make a list of upcoming happenings in my life and pro and con for them for our collective amusement.

1) La Poo's 21st birthday party tomorrow at Verve, Leicester Square
Pros: Excessive drinking, ho-like dancing, unveiling the new and improved me who can hold her liquor without being the centre of attention in a very bad way.
Cons: Feeling every single second of my 27 and a half years, and perhaps a few more besides.

2) Watching X Factor on Sunday afternoon (yes, this is a big enough event to get a metion on my blog, and no, I don't care if this makes me a sad sod)
Pros: Daniel (what a hottie) and Leon (bit of a Mama's boy, but we loves him anyways). Also what Hope, the Girl Group from Skankshire, will be wearing.
Cons: Getting shouted at by my housemates for my constant sarcastic jibes about how the show really works behind the scenes, thanks to Chart Throb by Ben Elton, which has forever changed the way I view reality TV.

3) Job interview on Monday
Pros: Prospect of a new start in an industry I desperately want to get into.
Cons: I don't need to expain these since they're are detailed at great length right here once a week - the potential bone-crushing, breath-squishing disappointment if I don't get it, the self-esteem barometer freezing way below 0, etc etc.

4) Halloween Pub Quiz on Tuesday night with workmates
Pros: Possible free booze, wowing everyone with my extensive knowledge of pop culture.
Cons: Revealing my complete ignorance of British politics, being drawn for the uncool team (you know all the cool people end up in one team, watch my luck to get picked for the other one)

5) RSPCA Microchipping Course on Wednesday
Pros: Learning to microchip animals and thereby doing a good service for a charity that is important to me.
Cons: Accidentally maiming the real live practice cat with the needle.

6) Roger's Leaving Drinks on Thursday night
Pros: Raucous night out.
Cons: Hangover next day.

7) Friendz Boat Party next Saturday
Pros: Mayhem mayhem mayhem sailing down the River Thames.
Cons: Where?

I should do this more often, it puts life in persepctive. A very special happy birthday to Black Velvet, we will call you later when drunk to shout obscenities down the phone ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

free midi

The Divine Miss M said...

Wow a very busy life. I should put mine down on paper too ... Wonder how it would look!