Friday 16 March 2007

TGIF

Last night I hooked up with an old friend who I came across on Facebook. We haven't seen each other in years - not since we came of age in the traditional South African coming of age way - working at our local spur! So that makes it about 6 years since we were last in touch, and we went to a pub and spent the evening reminscing about calling on and off, the incestuous hook-ups and the binge drinking that we embraced back then.

It was quite a surreal experience - a who's who of shameful liaisons and and events you can laugh at now, but you know you'd die if some of your current friends ever found out about them. I've found almost my entire Matric class on facebook as well, so I'm looking forward to some more of these cringe-worthy moments over the next couple of months.

Other than that, there's not much to say today - I don't feel particularly creative or forthcoming about what's going on in my head. I think it's just empty. Can you actually get writer's block on a blog? This is what Wikipedia has to say about it: Writer's block is a phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity. I can be uninspired and lack creativity, but I can still bore you to death with random rumblings about inane activities happening in my daily life. So I guess this means the answer is no. There is no writer's block - only writer's caution: the sense a writer gets when they know they're blathering on like an idiot in an attempt to fill the space, when they should never have started the post in the first place.

Ok, I'm taking my own advice now. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: